Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: A stable nVidia Linux driver for GF5900XT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi.

I'm quite tired of experimenting with different kinds of drivers in Fedora to get smooth and jerky-free GL/graphic.

I've tested different Livna drivers, 96xx seem to be least bad choice - but far away from perfect. While 96xx tends to give me quite stuttering GL graphics (eg. when I test GLGears or have a GL-screensaver on) when something else is happening (eg. graphic changes in a torrent client or somebody sends me a PM through Pidgin) while in latest 97-drivers I basically get slow motion. The older Legacy drivers, on the other hand, don't seem to be supporting GLX.

So, I guess I have no other choice but jumping onto drivers found on nVidia's official website, hoping to get a stable set of drivers, suitable for my Geforce 5900XT.

Can you guys give me some tips about older stable drivers (including GL support). I figure the latest are not always the best choice, especially since my card is quite outdated.

Thanks in advance!

which release of fedora is this ?