Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: Remote Desktop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Not sure how to do this, as it needs both windows & linux for what I want to do. I know on windows I can use remote desktop software so I can access the desktop of another windows computer with my windows run laptop.

What I want to do next, is connect to a windows computer from a linux run laptop. Any ideas how to do this? I've found a remote desktop setting in linux, but that's for the opposite way around. It's not the linux desktop that I want to connect to, its the windows one.

Any idea's folks? :)

[/url][url=http://www.rdesktop.org/]http://www.rdesktop.org/
Rdesktop is the utility .. tsclient is a nicer frontend to it .. and some screenshots to show you why :)

Sweet, has worked a tweat!

Thank you both :):):):):):):):)

hmmmm, that has worked, but it didn't work the way I thought it would :(

I was hoping to be able to connect to a windows run laptop and copy (from a linux laptop) and paste into the windows run laptop. Can't do this at all. Is there a way round this?

copy paste what ? text ?

Quote:copy paste what ? text ?

Err yes :/[img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_wacko.png[/img]

how about running windows vncserver on the windows box and use vncviewer on the linux box to connect remotely,

that might do what you want, but i cannot confirm it as i havnt tried it

cheers

anyweb

Quote:hmmmm, that has worked, but it didn't work the way I thought it would :( 

I was hoping to be able to connect to a windows run laptop and copy (from a linux laptop) and paste into the windows run laptop. Can't do this at all. Is there a way round this?

I find that I can copy and paste fine .. try this technique...
  • Select text with left click

• Move mouse to section you wish to paste in

• Middle click and it should paste.

If you don't have a middle click .. you can click both left and right at the same time.

This is a general copy'n'paste method for Xorg.

Quote:I find that I can copy and paste fine .. try this technique...
  • Select text with left click

• Move mouse to section you wish to paste in

• Middle click and it should paste.

If you don't have a middle click .. you can click both left and right at the same time.

This is a general copy'n'paste method for Xorg.

Nope, that didn't wanna work for me :(

Quote:how about running windows vncserver on the windows box and use vncviewer on the linux box to connect remotely, 

that might do what you want, but i cannot confirm it as i havnt tried it

cheers

anyweb

Thanks for the suggestion, will try that next. Another issue that I've just realised, that if I connect, it boots me off (on the desktop) so i'm connected on the laptop. I did want it to be done so both the laptop and desktop could see the same screen. *thinks* that I need some server solution for my desktop, goes to hunt! :)

Pages: 1 2