Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: Using nautilus in fluxbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ok, so you want to use nautilus for your file manager in fluxbox. simply install nautilus and add the following command to your fluxbox menu: nautilus --no-desktop... Now you are using nautilus as the file manager, problem is it was made for gnome. There is an easy solution if you see nautilus stop working... Simply killall nautilus ( i've added this also to my flux menu ). Then you can use nautilus --no-desktop and it should work fine....

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-204-1138918759.png" data-fileid="471">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-204-1138918759.png[/img]</a>

haven't i seen that conky theme somewhere :)

ace

Of course you seen that conky its yours hehe :)
hi, i was googling around, and found your post, helped me out to get nautilus running on flux, but i was unable to access the network with it. is there something else i need to install? i installed samba for gnome and it worked just fine, but im guessing it has to do with gnome to flux. thanks for any help guys/gals.

Quote:Ok, so you want to use nautilus for your file manager in fluxbox. simply install nautilus and add the following command to your fluxbox menu: nautilus --no-desktop... Now you are using nautilus as the file manager, problem is it was made for gnome. There is an easy solution if you see nautilus stop working... Simply killall nautilus ( i've added this also to my flux menu ). Then you can use nautilus --no-desktop and it should work fine....

could you point me to where you did the windowless terminals? is there a how to in the forum? thats pretty cool.