Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: Installing Flash Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I can't seem to get this to install right. I'm installing it to /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.8 and upon reboot I still can't get flash to play in my Firefox browser.

RavenManor

on my linux box i just have firefox installed so i can run it.. but try this.. there should be a .mozilla file in your home directory.. try installing the plugin there.. i know for a fact that firefox reads from that directory.. i'm not sure about the globally mozilla one like you are trying to install it to

Go to www.macromedia.com in the download section and click "Get Flash Player" so they have it for Linux, all u just download that file onto your /home/Udernam

Unpack the compressed file, so u should see there is a sh file (script)

so run the sh from the console/terminal. once you installed it and it done :)

hope it helps ya.

When you go on a site with flash you normally get a drop down near the top asking if you want

to install the plugins click install and firefox will do it for you. :)

Quote:When you go on a site with flash you normally get a drop down near the top asking if you wantto install the plugins click install and firefox will do it for you.  :)

But did that work for you? It didnt work for me. I had to download it and install it manually. Both in fedora and ubuntu.