Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: what mail service do you use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been doing up on some reading on email security and I found out that gmail isn't really the best if you want privacy. I use gmail myself, but then I thought I could maybe use pgp or something else. But then I thought it wouldn't be very usefull cuz then all of the people I mail with would have to use pgp. And on the other hand everything online is but at the same time I do want to have some sort of feel of privacy. As in I don't like the fact that gmail scans your email. What email services do all of you use?
postfix. I've tried configuring sendmail, but the macros are an arse. Postfix was much easier to use. I've not used exim, but I've heard good things about it.

Quote:postfix. I've tried configuring sendmail, but the macros are an arse. Postfix was much easier to use. I've not used exim, but I've heard good things about it.

Ah nice :) I was talking more about gmail, hotmail etc, but that's self service [img]<___base_url___>//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png[/img] That will be another project of mine. Once I finish my webserver project I want to start a mail server project. Welcome back Dave btw :) How was your vacation?

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="15614" data-ipsquote-username="Dungeon-Dave" data-cite="Dungeon-Dave" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1322493563" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="4209" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>
postfix. I've tried configuring sendmail, but the macros are an arse. Postfix was much easier to use. I've not used exim, but I've heard good things about it.

Ah nice :) I was talking more about gmail, hotmail etc, but that's self service [img]<___base_url___>//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png[/img] That will be another project of mine. Once I finish my webserver project I want to start a mail server project. Welcome back Dave btw :) How was your vacation?

hot!

</div></blockquote>