Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: apm + klaptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello,

I can get apm to work either klaptop. The problem is that apm and klaptop shows always im connected to AC, even if i remove the AC cable from the laptop.

/proc/apm says :

# cat /proc/apm

1.16ac 1.2 0x03 0x01 0xff 0x80 -1% -1 ?

and apm -v -d says :

# apm -v -d

APM BIOS 1.2 (kernel driver 1.16ac)

AC on-line, no system battery

Using device 0x0a86, 1.16ac: 1.2

APM Flags = 0x03; AC Line Status = 0x01

Battery Status = 0xff; Battery Flags = 0x80

Battery %age = -1; Battery Time = -1, use_mins=0

Anyone has an ideea ?

01:33.45 < KobrAs> i forgot there to say, its fc3 that im using

Found this from the proc scheme:

Code:
bat-status:
 00 - high
 01 - low
 02 - critical
 03 - charging
 04 - absent
 ff - #f

bat-flags:
 #x01 - high
 #x02 - low
 #x04 - critical
 #x08 - charging
 #x80 - absent

So..

Battery Status: 0xff: #f god knows [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png[/img]

Battery Flags: 0x80: absent

Presumably the reason for the -1 is that APM can in no way detect that you have a battery present. This is backed up by the indication that you are AC.

not much help.. just more info

what type of laptop is it and have you checked that the bios is as up to date as it can be ?

Quote:what type of laptop is it and have you checked that the bios is as up to date as it can be ?

its a fujitsu-siemens amilo 1640 (amd sempron 3000+) bios is updated, and has nothing in it to change the power settings. the problem i think is that it doesnt support apm and I need to use linux with apm=on acpi=pff so my sound and network card to work. If acpi i s on the my sound and network card are detected but cannot use them cause some timed out errors (dmesg shows that)..

Quote:Found this from the proc scheme: 

Code:
bat-status:
 00 - high
 01 - low
 02 - critical
 03 - charging
 04 - absent
 ff - #f

bat-flags:
 #x01 - high
 #x02 - low
 #x04 - critical
 #x08 - charging
 #x80 - absent

<div>

So..

Battery Status: 0xff:  #f          god knows [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png[/img]

Battery Flags: 0x80: absent

Presumably the reason for the -1 is that APM can in no way detect that you have a battery present. This is backed up by the indication that you are AC.

not much help.. just more info

</div>

well yeah, x80 means that no battery is present :)but the battery is there

Quote:its a fujitsu-siemens amilo 1640 (amd sempron 3000+) bios is updated, and has nothing in it to change the power settings. the problem i think is that it doesnt support apm

what kernel version are you using ?

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="1468" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>its a fujitsu-siemens amilo 1640 (amd sempron 3000+) bios is updated, and has nothing in it to change the power settings. the problem i think is that it doesnt support apm

what kernel version are you using ?

</div></blockquote>
kernel 2.6.11.7

the only kernel that worked with acpi was 2.4.22

have you tried any kernel switches to force apm or acpi on/off ?

cheers

anyweb

Quote:have you tried any kernel switches to force apm or acpi on/off ? 

cheers

anyweb

hi, yeah i have only acpi with/at the laptop, and with apm works fine, but my laptop doesnt suport apm :/