Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: Help Installing Fedora Core 3...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Im having a problem installing Fedora Core 3. I downloaded all 4 isos. And checked the md5sum, and they were all fine. When I boot up from the cdrom, the Fedorca Core boots up fine, it asks me for language, and type of keyboard. then it asks me where my installation files are, so i chose local cdrom, after that it says that it cant find the fedora core cd. i burned the image twice, and also downloaded another image from a different mirror, and i still get the same error. Anyone have any information on what i can do? Thanks

hmm thats strange,

have you tried the cd media check ? what type of hardware are you trying to install fedora core release 3 on ? please tell

cheers

anyweb

yea i tired that once, and after a short while it just goes to the screen where it asks me what language, type of keyboard, and then where the files are located.

the hardware is a p3 800mhz, 20gig harddrive, liteon cdrw drive,

also tried installing fedora core 2, and had the same problem
have you got access to another cdrom drive ?

Quote:Hey Im having a problem installing Fedora Core 3. I downloaded all 4 isos. And checked the md5sum, and they were all fine. When I boot up from the cdrom, the Fedorca Core boots up fine, it asks me for language, and type of keyboard. then it asks me where my installation files are, so i chose local cdrom, after that it says that it cant find the fedora core cd. i burned the image twice, and also downloaded another image from a different mirror, and i still get the same error. Anyone have any information on what i can do? Thanks

---

I made neraly 4 different cd copy's from 3 different mirrors, none of them worked, but the DVD.iso is just fine.

Brodern

what was wrong with the CD's?

Mine worked fine! o_O

Quote:what was wrong with the CD's? 

Mine worked fine! o_O

----

Dunn'o, it just didn't work.

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lerum" data-cite="lerum" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="1362" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what was wrong with the CD's? 

Mine worked fine! o_O

----

Dunn'o, it just didn't work.

</div></blockquote>

Do you have more than one cd rom drive in the system? With windows, I've had a similair problem, where I would boot up of the winXP cd, and for some reason, the system would try to check the OTHER drive.

Pull the system down to bare minimums. - Just the optical, just one hdd [unless you've got a raid] -- You can always add other drives later. Take out any unneeded peripheral cards, as well.

he managed it with the DVD.

It is something to do with the way the CD drive reads the CD's.

Pages: 1 2