Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: Cannot Install Core 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hey guyz well i been trying to install Core 2 for a bit now and it dont want to install at all. i even tried using the dvd to install and no go. So what happends is boots off the CD just fine, soon has i hit enter to get in the setup and just reboots the system.

Sys Specs

P4 2.8

1gig Dual Channel DDR, PC 3200

WD 200 gig HD

Asus P4P800SE

ATI 7000 64 meg

The problem is your motherboard. There is an FC2 rescue disc that will fix this. Download and burn the rescue disc from the Fedora site, boot using the rescue disc, then switch media to your install CDs. Once the install has been performed, reboot with the rescue disc in the drive again and type "linux rescue" at the prompt. chroot /mnt/sysimage, open the links browser, and download a newer kernel (the one installed by default has the same problem as the install disc itself). rpm -Uvh the new kernel, reboot, and you should be OK.

Quote:The problem is your motherboard. There is an FC2 rescue disc that will fix this. Download and burn the rescue disc from the Fedora site, boot using the rescue disc, then switch media to your install CDs. Once the install has been performed, reboot with the rescue disc in the drive again and type "linux rescue" at the prompt. chroot /mnt/sysimage, open the links browser, and download a newer kernel (the one installed by default has the same problem as the install disc itself). rpm -Uvh the new kernel, reboot, and you should be OK.
Ok Thanx Alot, will try that soon