Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: problems reaching linux-noob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

should be ok now the problem was two fold

1. I forgot to renew my ownership of the linux-noob.com domain

2. I didn't migrate the 4 DNS name servers after Dyndns bought out and subsequently closed down everydns.net

I have resolved both issues and as you can see we are online again

sorry !

cheers

niall

Quote:should be ok now the problem was two fold

1. I forgot to renew my ownership of the linux-noob.com domain

2. I didn't migrate the 4 DNS name servers after Dyndns bought out and subsequently closed down everydns.net

I have resolved both issues and as you can see we are online again

sorry !

cheers

niall

Great that we are online again :) Thanks for the info :) I'll try and see this evening if my connection problems are gone.

cheers!!

Quote:1. I forgot to renew my ownership of the linux-noob.com domain
Doh!

Don't you get a reminder letter or something? I get an email every two years to let me know my credit card's going to be debited to pay for my domains and that I should intervene if I don't want it to happen (auto-renewal). But that's my hoster.

Quote:2. I didn't migrate the 4 DNS name servers after Dyndns bought out and subsequently closed down everydns.net
Damnation. I'd have thought they would have migrated that information automatically (or at least kept the nameserver IPs CNAMEd to their DNS servers to ensure continuity).

I'm still reading 4 everydns.net servers at my end against the WHOIS record, although I don't have problems finding the site. Is that correct?

Quick update to this -- apparently the nsX.everydns.net nameservers are going away as of this Friday*, so they were periodically breaking the DNS and redirecting to another page to 'alert' us about this possibility. This could explain if anyone had anything like http://lock-everydns.dyndns.com/ come up instead of this site!

The nameserver records at the registrar have now been switched over to the new Dyn ones -- this should be reflected across the DNS everywhere in due course and everything should be back to normal again.

Thanks all for bearing with us.

* Why they can't continue to CNAME them, as you suggest, Dave, is beyond me. Very frustrating.

Yay I am able to reach the forums again!! Great Work Niall!!!
Pages: 1 2