Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: This is my current Desktop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This is what my current desktop looks like. Running on Debian 6. After having used serveral

different Linux distributions I like Debian the most.

[Image: Debian6.png]

looks like the gnome i had yesterday ;)

so why do you use Debian ? I have used apt-get for quite a few years back when redhat and fedora hadnt got yum working, and it seemed ok, but i prefer an rpm installation any day, like centos/fedora/rh

is it the slow lifecycle change ? that much i can understand, then why not try centos ?

Quote:looks like the gnome i had yesterday ;)

so why do you use Debian ? I have used apt-get for quite a few years back when redhat and fedora hadnt got yum working, and it seemed ok, but i prefer an rpm installation any day, like centos/fedora/rh

is it the slow lifecycle change ? that much i can understand, then why not try centos ?

I do like the slow life cycle. I get tired of distros that release a new version every 6 months.

I did run CentOS for a while as Desktop, but I noticed centos is more server oriented than Desktop

and the applications that are available in Centos5 are much older than the packages in Debian 6.

And I do like my Desktop to look somewhat modern So I prefer my Desktop as Debian and my server running centos

,and the dedicated server I just ordered I'm running CentOS :)