Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: RedHat Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I'm currently Running Redhat 9.0

Wondering if the upgrade is worth the effort right now? Let me know.

Also, send me some good fast links for the iso's please.

I was running RedHat 9.0 on my Gateway P4 1.6, 256pc2100, 10 gig ext3 partition. I upgraded it with Fedora Core. The upgrade went off without a single issue for my laptop.

I haven't fully tested my new Fedora desktop; however, I do have a problem with my previous Pine installation. I don't think its a big deal. I think i need to download another lib.so.

I have to admit I use a terminal box most of the time I'm in linux. So, using graphical linux is kinda new for me, but I have noticed the graphics look a bit better than the graphics with RedHat 9.0.

I grabbed my Fedora ISO from fedora.redhat.com/download/ using a adsl connection. My downstream was 1.4mb constant. Thats as fast as I can get it with my connection from Jacksonville, FL.

Sorry I can't provide more detailed information about the distro. Only that the upgrade from 9.0 to Fedora went well with no problems.

download page

morbondu

read this article I wrote for details of how my upgrade from RedHat 9 to Fedora Core Release 1 went

[/url][url=http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5066&page=3]http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5066&page=3

cheers

anyweb

Quote:read this article I wrote for details of how my upgrade from RedHat 9 to Fedora Core Release 1 went

Excellent. It's always great to find good documentation of others past experiences.

I upgraded from 9 to fedora on one box and have ran into multiple problems, mainly compiling things. Enlightenment, fluxbox, bitchx, and several others I can't think of right off hand. I am sticking with 9 until april as my primary desktop OS just due to the issues I have seen so far. Hopefully core2 will be out before then.

Quote:have ran into multiple problems, mainly compiling things. Enlightenment, fluxbox, bitchx, and several others

Yes, thats kind of what I was thinking. I didn't want to jump out and have to mess around for a few days tweaking everything. Right now 9 is VERY stable on my laptop, and I wish not to envoke an issues right now.

Thanks for that bit of info.

o_O