Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: I need to install "IEs4Linux" but it won't install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I've just begun to use Linux, and have chosen PCLinuxOS. I'm very happy so far, but still have some small kinks to deal with:

I need to install "IEs4Linux" but it won't install. Instead it gives me this message:

Quote:IEs4Linux 2 is developed to be used with recent Wine versions (0.9.x).It seems that you are using an old version. It's recommended that you

update your wine to the latest version (Go to: winehq.com).
However, I've checked in Synaptic that Wine is currently installed as version "1.1.33-1pclos2010" and that matches the most recent version over at WineHQ.

--> How can I get this to work?

Background:

I'm actually trying to get MS Money 2004 to run in Wine, which requires IEs4Linux installed. There's a good explanation at WineHQ that I used successfully on Ubuntu 9.04, but I get the above error on PCLinuxOS. Apparently IEs4Linux doesn't recognize that the proper Wine-version is installed, and that's all I need to fix.

how are you trying to install ies4linux ?

I'm following the instructions given on the Wine page. Sorry for not mentioning that explicitly! Here's the relevant bit:

Quote:* Install IES4linux by doing the following from a terminal window 

wget http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/down...est.tar.gz

$ tar zxvf ies4linux-latest.tar.gz

$ cd ies4linux-*

$./ies4linux

NB the ies4linux install seems a bit sensitive. Keep running it until it completes installation successfully. It will eventually.
When I enter that final command, "ies4linux", that's when I get the error message about an old version. 

--

Brgds

TorbenGB

Nevermind, I installed the stuff in a Virtual-box session instead.