Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: Fedora 22 onward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

For Your Information

If you wondering where YUM has gone, they have replaced with DNF. it works pretty the same as yum. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNF?rd=Dnf

Syntax

old: 

Code:
yum install <package>

new:

Code:
dnf install <package>

You will still need to use sudoers to execute this command. 

Still using CentOS7 here, this will probably be also in the next version of RHEL :)
you mean CentOS7 will become RHEL in the next version? but RHEL is not free distro? 

Quote:<div>you mean CentOS7 will become RHEL in the next version? but RHEL is not free distro? 
</div>
No I meant, I'm still running CentOS7(based on RHEL7), dnf wil probably be in the next RHEL version, so als on the next CentOS version ;)

Ahh I get it now cheers, RHEL8 will be using resources from Fedora 27, I saw it on article somewhere. by any change has any of yous moved to IRC server or it died?

Cheers mate

Quote:<div>
Ahh I get it now cheers, RHEL8 will be using resources from Fedora 27, I saw it on article somewhere. by any change has any of yous moved to IRC server or it died?

Cheers mate

</div>
The only irc channel I know that some people from here were on is on irc.foreverchat #linux, but they rarely talk about linux there. What server and channel was it on before?

It was on efnet channel #linux-noob.there are only bots idle there. Will check this IRC out. Cheers.

Quote:<div>It was on efnet channel #linux-noob.there are only bots idle there. Will check this IRC out. Cheers.
</div>
Only two people that were on there were hybrid and Dungeon-Dave, but hybrid hasn't been on in a long time, but there are some other nice people there just usually not about Linux.

I have popped over on there to have a look lol. I registered username on there :)so might see you on there.