Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: Linux Hits 1% Market Share Milestone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Yes boys and girls, it's Net Applications time. Sure, their figures are flawed, and sure, they're misused all over the non-scientifically educated media, but that doesn't mean they do not indicate trends. One of those trends was a slowly rising popularity of Linux, which hit 0.93% market share in August 2008, only to sink back again during the following months. Well, it's April May 2009 now, and Linux has finally crossed the 1% market share line!

more via > http://www.osnews.com/story/21421/Linux_Hi...Share_Milestone

The Netbook effect maybe?
could be, sad thing is that a lot of netbooks now run XP, and linux is not getting much of an install base any more on netbooks, or is it ?

Quote:could be, sad thing is that a lot of netbooks now run XP, and linux is not getting much of an install base any more on netbooks, or is it ?

Possibly. Netbooks aren't really my thing personally, so I don't have any experience with them, but it does seem that a lot that I see are running XP now. Still, Linux did get a little bit of mainstream distribution for some time