Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: Compiz issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Strictly speaking, not an issue with Xorg per se - more with Compiz/Fusion, and more under Fedora 10 specifically.

Firstly, waste some time here.

Now: I want the same functionality I had in Beryl now in Compiz. What are the options, and does Fed 10 actually honour those under Compiz Config Manager? It seems there's some settings it will ignore.

Is a better and more up to date package made by a fedora forum user. It also comes with the plug-ins. Make sure you remove the fedora compiz-fusion first.

Fedora Forums

Rotating cube via mouse wheel will be a setting in compiz-manager. I think the settings program is called 'ccsm'. The above guide includes the compiz-fusion icon for easy access.

I tried adding those repos before and it clashed with some existing files... but I hadn't removed compiz-fusion first (I probably didn't read that forum thread too closely). I'll give that a go, cheers!

CCSM is just the "CompizConfig Settings Manager" - it appears as an icon in Preferences>Look And Feel menu once "gnome-compiz-manager" or so is installed. However, not all settings applied in there seem to "take".

I had a bit more success with launching it via fusion-icon (essentially the CCSM settings actually *took*) so could get transparent cubing, wheel rotating, etc... but X froze on me twice. I'll report what happened with a quick blog edit later, then persevere with your suggestions.

Thanks for that info!