Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: site back online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hi all,

some of you may have noticed the 12 hours or so of downtime, this was because i had no time to prepare and had to move my servers data plus rent a new box in Amsterdam

well, the box is up (with Centos) and i've got the latest versions of apache/php and mysql installed, i've reimported the data from the old server so no data is lost

i have some back office house keeping still to do but the guts are there and you are here now, which is a success

cheers

anyweb

Quote:hi all, 

some of you may have noticed the 12 hours or so of downtime, this was because i had no time to prepare and had to move my servers data plus rent a new box in Amsterdam

well, the box is up (with Centos) and i've got the latest versions of apache/php and mysql installed, i've reimported the data from the old server so no data is lost

i have some back office house keeping still to do but the guts are there and you are here now, which is a success

cheers

anyweb

Well done anyweb for handling what could have been a catastrophe! The new box is noticeably zippier!

Damn - wish I'd have spotted that post earlier, since I run a few webservers around the place and have hosting space spare.

No worries!