Intel(R) Pro/Wireless 3945ABG
Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:07 PM
I followed these instructions which I found from google after searching for "my card" linux driver
In order to use the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection driver for Linux you will need the following:
1. The binary microcode image, available here.
2. The binary user space regulatory daemon, available here.
3. The ieee80211 subsystem version 1.1.11 or newer.
4. Linux kernel 2.6.13 or newer. See README.ipw3945 for information on specific options required to be enabled in the kernel.
5. Wireless Extensions (v17) and Tools (v28)
6. For WPA you need a WPA supplicant compatible with the latest versions of the wireless extensions (v18 and newer).
The instructions however are really really hardcore I dont know how to use these files even with a step by step instruction.
I really need help using that install guide, can anyone make it simpler for me? Under which kernel?/shell? should I be typing the commands, which commands should I be typing?
Sorry if this is confusing I will clarify anything I haven't helped with
Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:04 PM
Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:19 PM
I know the "mount" command, but I still can't seem to "cd" or even "ls" the drive that I've mounted. If I could do that I'm sure I could mv or cp the driver to my harddrive without a hitch.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users