1 reply to this topic

#1 hybrid

hybrid

Linux-Noob Frequent Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Here's a rather disorganised and random set of screenshots from the beta of Precise Pangolin LTS (12.04), which was released on March 1st, 2012.

Attached File  ln_precise_Ubuntu_Precise_Pangolin_Beta_1,_location.png.w.png   157.69KB   0 downloads

A nice touch -- I think the installer detected my location as in the United Kingdom, and pre-filled the timezone and keyboard layout settings.

Attached File  ln_precise_Ubuntu_Precise_Pangolin_Beta_1_desk.png.w.png   304.59KB   0 downloads

The desktop

Attached File  ln_precise_Ubuntu_Precise_Pangolin_Beta_1_appearance.png.w.png   45.57KB   0 downloads

A few new Appearance settings for having a little bit of control over Unity.

Attached File  ln_precise_Ubuntu_Precise_Pangolin_Beta_1_l-n.png.w.png   194.14KB   0 downloads

The obligatory "here's this site in the target OS" screenshot.

Attached File  ln_precise_Ubuntu_Precise_Pangolin_Beta_1_privacy_panel.png.w.png   43.69KB   0 downloads

Attached File  ln_precise_Ubuntu_Precise_Pangolin_Beta_1_privacy_two.png.w.png   47.08KB   0 downloads

Interesting new privacy preferences, which allow you some control over the information Ubuntu and applications remember about your computing session.

Attached File  ln_precise_Ubuntu_Precise_Pangolin_Beta_1_ubuntu_one-1.png.w.png   71.03KB   0 downloads

It is a beta OS, so it's not stable just yet!

Attached File  ln_precise_Ubuntu_Precise_Pangolin_Beta_1_impress.png.w.png   298.7KB   0 downloads

Updated LibreOffice, RhythmBox as the default music player...

Attached File  ln_precise_Ubuntu_Precise_Pangolin_Beta_1_software_centre.png.w.png   117.79KB   0 downloads

The Software Centre, still looking pretty similar to 11.10.
  • inetryconydot, BycleIlliny, cicaiccangils and 32 others like this
My website | Portfolio

FOSSwire -- all about free and open source software, featuring tips, tricks, tutorials, reviews, articles and all the latest news from the free software universe.

#2 feedmebits

feedmebits

Linux-Noob Senior Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the screenshots! Looks nice :) Although I've got nothing with unity, so hopefully next month Mint 13 LTS will be out and I can install that
  • BycleIlliny, Magdalenadle, Ruperttln and 3 others like this
"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users