Linux-Noob Forums
site spamming in progress ? - Printable Version

+- Linux-Noob Forums (https://www.linux-noob.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General Stuff (https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Site News (https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/forum-66.html)
+--- Thread: site spamming in progress ? (/thread-708.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

site spamming in progress ? - Slaine - 2009-04-08

Well it's dragged me out of the woodwork :)

site spamming in progress ? - anyweb - 2009-04-08

welcome back guys, even if this was an unwelcome welcome back...

site spamming in progress ? - Dungeon-Dave - 2009-04-08

Welcome back, all - or in my case, hello from a new face!

site spamming in progress ? - modernbob - 2009-04-08

Quote:Welcome back, all - or in my case, hello from a new face!

Not new but haven't visited in a while

site spamming in progress ? - ZackaryNix52 - 2009-04-08

Aye same here. Been a little while for me...sadly, still a noob though.

site spamming in progress ? - modernbob - 2009-04-08

Quote:Aye same here. Been a little while for me...sadly, still a noob though.

I have been playing around with linux since about 2000. I didn't get really serious about it until about 2004. Thats when I came across this board. There have been some people in here that really helped me out and I learned a lot from, namely p38. I jumped on irc since a lot of the people on the board were on irc. Unfortunately the IRC channel is run by a few people that dictate to the rest and they really are no longer interested in helping anyone. But, thats ok.. things change and I understand that.

site spamming in progress ? - anyweb - 2009-04-09

news about the PM spam here,

Quote:We have received numerous reports from clients regarding spamming on the Personal Message (PM) system in IP.Board 2.3.6 and below. After consulting with reCaptcha (the provider of the captcha system in 2.3.6) we believe that humans are being used to bypass the captcha and then the newly created account is given to an automated script which sends PMs in huge quantities to your members. 

The patch we have released today introduces a flood control setting to the PM system in IP.Board 2.3.6. This will limit how fast a member can send PMs thereby giving you and your moderators time to ban the offending account.

The download of 2.3.6 in the client area has been updated with this patch. If you already have 2.3.6 installed, you can download the patch along with instructions in the news announcement on the company forums. Applying the patch is quite easy but if you have questions feel free to contact support.

Full announcement and patch download:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/2829...ip-board-2-3-6/

This message was sent by: Invision Power Services, PO Box 2365, Forest, VA 24551

I have now patched the server.

as regards the IRC channel, its a long story which ended here > https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3730

as regards linux-noob.com, for anyone that cares I run it solely and it has lost me money since the day i started it, i pay for it 100% and do it for the commuinity so that others can learn.

with all the personal attacks on me lately i'm considering getting out

cheers

anyweb

site spamming in progress ? - modernbob - 2009-04-09

The really sad thing here is that I have never had any problem with anyweb but flukex on the other hand I definitely have. In the entire time that I was in that channel on efnet I never once personally witnessed flukex helping anyone. I read through the link you posted and that is certainly sad. However, it appears that you have a new channel up and if this is still true I will join up. As far as losing money, I have given to cause of this site on several occasion monetarily and would consider doing so again. I realize that the money given doesn't pay for all this or compensate you for your time but I would like to think that it's helped in some small way. I personally would hate to see it go. :-)

Quote:news about the PM spam here, 

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="3743" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>We have received numerous reports from clients regarding spamming on the Personal Message (PM) system in IP.Board 2.3.6 and below. After consulting with reCaptcha (the provider of the captcha system in 2.3.6) we believe that humans are being used to bypass the captcha and then the newly created account is given to an automated script which sends PMs in huge quantities to your members. 

The patch we have released today introduces a flood control setting to the PM system in IP.Board 2.3.6. This will limit how fast a member can send PMs thereby giving you and your moderators time to ban the offending account.

The download of 2.3.6 in the client area has been updated with this patch. If you already have 2.3.6 installed, you can download the patch along with instructions in the news announcement on the company forums. Applying the patch is quite easy but if you have questions feel free to contact support.

Full announcement and patch download:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/2829...ip-board-2-3-6/

This message was sent by: Invision Power Services, PO Box 2365, Forest, VA 24551

I have now patched the server.

as regards the IRC channel, its a long story which ended here > https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3730

as regards linux-noob.com, for anyone that cares I run it solely and it has lost me money since the day i started it, i pay for it 100% and do it for the commuinity so that others can learn.

with all the personal attacks on me lately i'm considering getting out

cheers

anyweb

</div></blockquote>

site spamming in progress ? - anyweb - 2009-04-09

Quote:The really sad thing here is that I have never had any problem with anyweb but flukex on the other hand I definitely have. In the entire time that I was in that channel on efnet I never once personally witnessed flukex helping anyone. I read through the link you posted and that is certainly sad. However, it appears that you have a new channel up and if this is still true I will join up. As far as losing money, I have given to cause of this site on several occasion monetarily and would consider doing so again. I realize that the money given doesn't pay for all this or compensate you for your time but I would like to think that it's helped in some small way. I personally would hate to see it go. :-)

thanks for the kind words, and i do appreciate the donations you have made to the site and no i'm not asking for more

I'll do my best to keep it here, as I have done since it launched,

please do your best to join in,

cheers

anyweb

site spamming in progress ? - FluKex - 2009-04-10

Quote:The really sad thing here is that I have never had any problem with anyweb but flukex on the other hand I definitely have. In the entire time that I was in that channel on efnet I never once personally witnessed flukex helping anyone. I read through the link you posted and that is certainly sad. However, it appears that you have a new channel up and if this is still true I will join up. As far as losing money, I have given to cause of this site on several occasion monetarily and would consider doing so again. I realize that the money given doesn't pay for all this or compensate you for your time but I would like to think that it's helped in some small way. I personally would hate to see it go. :-)

Modernbob, i really dont think you have any idea what the hell you are talking about....

i was one of the people that helped the most in that channel. and i Posted very useful stuff to this forums all the time. as well, i helped anyweb anytime i could.

Modernbob, you are a farce sir and have no idea what you are talking about.