Linux-Noob Forums
gphoto2 error "PTP store full" - Printable Version

+- Linux-Noob Forums (https://www.linux-noob.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Linux Noob (https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: How Do I? (https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/forum-60.html)
+--- Thread: gphoto2 error "PTP store full" (/thread-897.html)

gphoto2 error "PTP store full" - TeeHee - 2008-07-13

Hi,

does anyone know what the gphoto2 error "PTP store full" means. I get this after I've taken a few pictures (4 or 5) with a Nikon D50 from gphoto2's capture-image command. If I turn off the camera and then turn it back on, everything works fine for a few more pictures. However, I need to take like 30 pictures consecutively, so this is kind of annoying!

Thanks!!!

gphoto2 error "PTP store full" - anyweb - 2008-07-13

hi, what distro are you using gphoto in ? and how did you install gphoto ? (from source or another way ?)

if you are using a command line (cli) to get the photos can you please paste the command you are using here

gphoto2 error "PTP store full" - TeeHee - 2008-07-14

Quote:hi, what distro are you using gphoto in ? and how did you install gphoto ? (from source or another way ?) 

if you are using a command line (cli) to get the photos can you please paste the command you are using here

Thanks for the reply anyweb!

I'm using gphoto2 with fedora (I don't know anything else about the system really). I didn't install gphoto, so I'm not sure what method was used.

the command is

gphoto2 --camera="Nikon D50 (PTP mode) --port=usb:005,002 --capture-image

the port number is an example, every time I turn the camera off and back on the last three numbers change, but the basic capture image command still works.

I'm getting the full PTP store error when I repeatedly run a shell script that tells 2 cameras to take pictures.

It's just the capture command for both cameras:

#!/bin/bash

gphoto2 --camera="Nikon D50 (PTP mode)" --port=usb:005,002 --capture-image

sleep 2

gphoto2 --camera="USB PTP Class Camera" --port=usb:005,003 --capture-image

When I run this script it works fine the first few times, then the Nikon D50 stops taking pictures and gives the error "PTP store full"

Any ideas?

Or any basic info on how PTP stuff works?

Thank you for any help, much appreciated!

gphoto2 error "PTP store full" - anyweb - 2008-07-15

hi are both of these cameras identical models ? does the problem only occur with one of the two ?

are you running the script as normal user or as root ? have you tried just running the script with one camera. do you see the error then ?

gphoto2 error "PTP store full" - TeeHee - 2008-07-15

Quote:hi are both of these cameras identical models ? does the problem only occur with one of the two ? 

are you running the script as normal user or as root ? have you tried just running the script with one camera. do you see the error then ?

Hi

I run the script as a normal user, I don't have root access on this computer. The two cameras are different, the problematic one is the Nikon D50 mentioned above and the other is a Nikon D40x which works fine. Even when I just use the D50 by itself, it only takes a few pics and then I get the error. The D40x by itself takes as many pictures as I want.

Any suggestions?, and thanks for reading!!

gphoto2 error "PTP store full" - anyweb - 2008-07-16

on the nikon d50, in it's internal menu system is it setup to print/file transfer in PTP mode ?

gphoto2 error "PTP store full" - TeeHee - 2008-08-08

Quote:on the nikon d50, in it's internal menu system is it setup to print/file transfer in PTP mode ?

Hi anyweb,

if you are still listening (sorry its been so long) yes, the internal menu system is set to PTP as opposed to USB mode.

Just recently, the camera has started to give me all sorts of other PTP related errors in gphoto, such as

*** Error ***

PTP: Sequence number mismatch 1 vs expected 0.

*** Error ***

PTP Protocol error, data expected

*** Error ***

An error occurred in the io-library ('Unspecified error'): Could not query kernel driver of device.

*** Error ***

PTP: Sequence number mismatch 1 vs expected 4.

*** Error ***

PTP I/O error

*** Error ***

An error occurred in the io-library ('Unspecified error'): Could not query kernel driver of device.

*** Error ***

PTP: Sequence number mismatch 55 vs expected 57.

So, I really don't know how to deal with these. The troublesome camera is a Nikon D50. I'm using the same commands on another camera, a Nikon D40x, and it works fine. If you or anybody else knows where I can get some info on how to deal with PTP stuff more directly I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks again!