Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is a noob

according to this site [/url][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/noob]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/noob

noob, n00b

i'm a noob ! and proud of it :)

everyone is a n00b.. take me .. just blew a hole in my system .. lost a months worth of stuff [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_dry.png[/img]

you'd think that when testing a new backup system you would run the old one first [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif[/img]

oh well .. n00b i am ;)

One of my favorite expressions when someone refers to themselves as a noob:

"We all start off as noobs."

There is nothing to be embarrassed about unless you are unwilling to accept help and/or unwilling to make any effort to correct your lack of information.

The worst kind of people to work with on IRC, or anywhere else for that matter, are those that take the attitude that we (those that are trying to help them) owe them help.

Quote:The worst kind of people to work with on IRC, or anywhere else for that matter, are those that take the attitude that we (those that are trying to help them) owe them help

gah.. that is the worst. i help out when i can but some people who you assist once then start msg'in you hourly with more problems (sometimes the same problem over and over).

i am willing to assist people that are willing to assist themselves. rtfm is an ugly respone to give to anyone, but if you give advice/suggestions that fail and then a direct documentation link (notice i say direct... i hate it when people suggest read the 'mysql' doc ? like which part.. ?) you do sort of hope that they read the page, most dont.

... [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png[/img] ... who started this 'rant' ?

I LOVE NOOBS .. bring 'em on :)

im a n00b and this forum doesnt tell me how not to be hahahhahahah

fruck off

sure it does, but it requires reading and searching,

feel free to create a new topic dedicated to 'how not to be a linux noob'

cheers

anyweb

I'm totally noob. [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_ohmy.png[/img]o_O

I dont see noob as derogotory, it just means you dont have a clue whats going on.

so if you call yourself a noob your basically saying "I'm helpless here, some one help me"

In counter strike i hear it alot, where i pretty much means "your sucking because you havent spent 200 hours playing yet, and everyone else here has, dont feel too bad about it"

which fits in well with the more common uses of noob in that they need help to get better

Quote:In counter strike i hear it alot, where i pretty much means "your sucking because you havent spent 200 hours playing yet, and everyone else here has, dont feel too bad about it"

Rofl, in CS it means "you haven't learnt the camping spots to this game perfectly and you dont know which weapons spray enough that it causes anyone you fire at to die within microseconds.

Realistic my butt!