Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no screens found

startx has always worked until now. I do not remember changing anything recently that would have caused this, but I get a "Fatal server error: no screens found" problem. I've got no clue what to do... I'm a noob as you can see

Let me know what information would aid you guys in helping me

thanks,

joe

Quote:startx has always worked until now. I do not remember changing anything recently that would have caused this, but I get a "Fatal server error: no screens found" problem. I've got no clue what to do... I'm a noob as you can see 

Let me know what information would aid you guys in helping me

thanks,

joe

I don't know what the forum policy is on posting log info but if you post your X server error log here someone might be able to help more. :) 

I'm not sure if Mandrake uses X.org of XFree86 but try looking for a file in /var/log with "0.log" in the name. That should or might be an error log that might contain more info regarding the problem you're now having.

Peace...

Normally this error relates to the xorg.conf (or XF86Config) having either incomplete or wrong entries in the Screen section.

Post that section .. (file is normally in /etc/X11)

[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.