Help Installing Fedora Core 3...

Hey Im having a problem installing Fedora Core 3. I downloaded all 4 isos. And checked the md5sum, and they were all fine. When I boot up from the cdrom, the Fedorca Core boots up fine, it asks me for language, and type of keyboard. then it asks me where my installation files are, so i chose local cdrom, after that it says that it cant find the fedora core cd. i burned the image twice, and also downloaded another image from a different mirror, and i still get the same error. Anyone have any information on what i can do? Thanks

hmm thats strange,

have you tried the cd media check ? what type of hardware are you trying to install fedora core release 3 on ? please tell

cheers

anyweb

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Im having a problem installing Fedora Core 3. I downloaded all 4 isos. And checked the md5sum, and they were all fine. When I boot up from the cdrom, the Fedorca Core boots up fine, it asks me for language, and type of keyboard. then it asks me where my installation files are, so i chose local cdrom, after that it says that it cant find the fedora core cd. i burned the image twice, and also downloaded another image from a different mirror, and i still get the same error. Anyone have any information on what i can do? Thanks

---

I made neraly 4 different cd copy's from 3 different mirrors, none of them worked, but the DVD.iso is just fine.

Brodern

• 2 weeks later...
what was wrong with the CD's?

Mine worked fine! :blink:

----

Dunn'o, it just didn't work.

Do you have more than one cd rom drive in the system? With windows, I've had a similair problem, where I would boot up of the winXP cd, and for some reason, the system would try to check the OTHER drive.

Pull the system down to bare minimums. - Just the optical, just one hdd [unless you've got a raid] -- You can always add other drives later. Take out any unneeded peripheral cards, as well.

• 4 weeks later...