Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KDE 3.4 Upgrade
I downloaded all the KDE 3.4 RPMS, and was curious how to upgrade to KDE. :)

I dunno if this is the offical way or what? Add to your yum.conf and save.

[kde.org]

name=kde.org

baseurl=ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.4/RedHat/Fedora3/i386/

Now just run "yum update"

:)

Quote:I dunno if this is the offical way or what? Add to your yum.conf and save. [kde.org]

name=kde.org

I tried this but it says kdebase-devel-3.4.0-0.fc3.1.i386.rpm is unsigned and so it stops, how do I get past this to finish the install?

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tko0383" data-cite="tko0383" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="1413" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I dunno if this is the offical way or what? Add to your yum.conf and save. [kde.org]

name=kde.org

I tried this but it says kdebase-devel-3.4.0-0.fc3.1.i386.rpm is unsigned and so it stops, how do I get past this to finish the install?

</div></blockquote>

You can suppress signature checking with "--nopgp" option. However the signature is there for a reason :P so have a read of this: checking signatures.

You will need to find the key file from kde :)

Quote:You can suppress signature checking with "--nopgp" option. However the signature is there for a reason  :P  so have a read of this: checking signatures

You will need to find the key file from kde  :)

Tried --nopgp and now it doesn't find the updates.

did you do a yum update and then a yum upgrade

Quote:did you do a yum update and then a yum upgrade

yes and now I still get the same errors, without --nopgp it is unsigned, with --nopgp nothing needs to be done.

then read the page on that link.. it tells you how to add the signature to:

quick c+p:

Code:
pgp -ka RPM-PGP-KEY ./pubring.pgp

Quote:then read the page on that link.. it tells you how to add the signature to: 

quick c+p:

Code:
pgp -ka RPM-PGP-KEY ./pubring.pgp

<div>

</div>

I looked through the site but I do not know how to find the pgp key for this file, or what to do if one does not exist. For a linux noob the linked site is confusing.

woah.. I'M SORRY..

sometimes i glance at stuff and go.. thats it :)

A bit more digging has indicated to me that the fedora faq's site has some information about it at this point on a rather long list.

i notice however that the KDE site itself isnt a part of that list instead:

Code:
kde-redhat:
  rpm --import http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/gpg-pubkey-ff6382fa-3e1ab2ca

thats also an example of the way to add the key to your list....

it looks like:

Quote:The stable repository contains the latest core (KDE 3.4.0) and addon packages

that has the latest versions of KDE there. maybe it would be better to use these repository for you source?

see [/url][url=http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/]http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/ for how to alter your configuration to use them.

hopefully i've hit the answer here by bashin around wildly,..... [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif[/img] hehe [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png[/img]