Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ah lovely

You guys should make a sticky of what to do when your a pure N00b. Like how to start the commands to start. I log into this forum and i see all this stuff but it doesnt tell me basic commands or what stuff does. How to start basically. How the hell do i know what to look for being a new linux user. like how do i find stuff to install. How do i install it. What do i need for the basics. Stop just helping experianced people and make it more for real N00bs. thats what this boad is supposed to be about i thought.

Suggestions

Thx

~City

<replaced some words with 'stuff', see board guidelines>

try this topic

[/url][url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showtopic=329][/url][url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showtopic=329]https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=329

and this forum for loads of specific tips and tricks

[/url][url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showforum=13][/url][url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showforum=13]https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/index.php?showforum=13

cheers

anyweb

Quote:You guys should make a sticky of what to do when your a pure N00b. Like how to start the commands to start. I log into this forum and i see all this stuff but it doesnt tell me basic commands or what stuff does. How to start basically. How the hell do i know what to look for being a new linux user. like how do i find stuff to install. How do i install it. What do i need for the basics. Stop just helping experianced people and make it more for real N00bs. thats what this boad is supposed to be about i thought.  

Suggestions

Thx

~City

Yeah I like this idea, we have the information in the forums, but its here and there. We should try merging it together into a 'all-in-all' solution kit for noobs. How can a noob know to search for init issues if they don't understand what init is?... getting more interested in this the more I think about it....

in the mean time one of the best starter kits I've seen is called the "Linux Cookbook" it says its out of date, but its still very useful.

Now to start thinking about creating a list of useful command line / gui utilites.