No, Ill not contribute
It's a stupid idea
It's a good idea
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux-noob add on

Hey all,

I have been thinking of creating a small site that will affiliate with linux-noob.com the only different is there will no forum and it will be just a site with Linux tutorials on. The idea will make it easy for Linux users to browse through the tutorials and if they have comments they can post them on Linux-noob.com forum :)

The tutorials will all be PDF to stop punks stealing work ;) I noticed some around :( (not on the forum on other sites).

Tutorial can still go on Linux-noob.com but the ones on the project will have to be proof read :)make sure all the English and gramme is correct.

any other ideas/comments you have just post them :)

even better

how about

tutorials.linux-noob.com

what do you think ? very easy to do !

cheers

anyweb

:)excellent anyweb. I am just asking a friend if he could design us a logo then I could do a web template :)
count the z in! :)

Can you think of what topics need to be in the navagation,

I have:

Home

Security

Networking

Tips/Tricks

Forum

About

Quote:Can you think of what topics need to be in the navagation,

would it not be easier to build these up as the tutorial come in?

ok I got a template produced tell me what you think

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-655-1123183753.png" data-fileid="364">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-655-1123183753.png[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot.png (Size: 140.88 KB / Downloads: 118)
woot :)
How about a wiki style website?

I didnt think about doing a wiki style site :/ but I decided to do a site from scratch using Perl

I have the main part of the site working where it will display the content from a MySQL database.

I am improving the next and previous page along with the search page, shad0wcat do you do any perl?

I also got a new logo for the top of the page the graphic was created by a friend Steven Croes

as you can see he is awsome at graphics :)

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-655-1123329846.jpg" data-fileid="367">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-655-1123329846.jpg[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.jpg   linux.jpg (Size: 113.31 KB / Downloads: 123)