Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ubuntu problems

hi i'm ne to ubuntu and am having problems burning cds. i use the cd creater and it fids my cdrw ok. it finishes buring the image but when it starts to burn to cd, nothing much happens. can anyone help?

any help would be apreciated, thanks

Quote:hi i'm ne to ubuntu and am having problems burning cds. i use the cd creater and it fids my cdrw ok. it finishes buring the image but when it starts to burn to cd, nothing much happens. can anyone help?  

any help would be apreciated, thanks

What are you using the burn your CD's? What program?

Some specifications could help too, but the most helpful advice I could offer you is this:

Code:
sudo hdparm -d1 /dev/cdrom

Replace /dev/cdrom with whatever the device name for your CD burner is. Also add the following to /etc/hdparm.conf:

Code:
/dev/cdrom {
      dma = on
}

Quote:hi i'm ne to ubuntu and am having problems burning cds. i use the cd creater and it fids my cdrw ok. it finishes buring the image but when it starts to burn to cd, nothing much happens. can anyone help?

cd creator... as in Roxio Easy CD Creator? How are you using it.. if you burn the iso using 'Project' (or whatever its called) it will simply place the iso on the CD (rather than use the iso to create the CD). Normally the ISO can just be double clicked and it will run the creator and start the burn (iirc).