Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made the switch Need a lot of help!
Wow, this is some neat stuff! Let me start off by saying linux rocks and after ive been using it for the past 3 minutes, im completely confused! Im fed up with windows! I cant stand it anymore. I must learn linux! Im sick of the thousands and thousands of viruses and spyware that windows has. Im sick of working in excel for hours and having it crash losing a ton of data plots! Anyway.... i was wondering if there's a tutorial on how to use this OS? I need step by step instructions on how to use this! Ive used it before, but gave up on learning it becuase its so damn confusing! I really need some serious HELP! SOrry for my noobish ness, please some teach me! Thanks again!

I will tell you right now. There is no great man command to tell you everything you need to know. It is best to start small with "What do i want to do." and go form there. That i think is the best way for all noobs to start, that is how i started, and i am slightly less noob today.

I will how ever give you a grand resource asside fomr this site. www.rpmseek.com. Bookmark it, great tool, especialy when you get dependancy problems.

Asside form that, try to find the answers yourself first before posting... really helps the learning process, but it is just a suggestion. Good luck and welcome to the many, the growing and the proud, Linux Users :-P

-Path

Quote:Wow, this is some neat stuff! Let me start off by saying linux rocks and  after ive been using it for the past 3 minutes, im completely confused! Im fed up with windows! I cant stand it anymore. I must learn linux! Im sick of the thousands and thousands of viruses and spyware that windows has. Im sick of working in excel for hours and having it crash losing a ton of data plots! Anyway.... i was wondering if there's a tutorial on how to use this OS? I need  step by step instructions on how to use this! Ive used it before, but gave up on learning it becuase its so damn confusing! I really need some serious HELP! SOrry for my noobish ness, please some teach me! Thanks again!

No need to apologise, everyone starts somewhere. This topic has a some links to sites that hopefully start from 0 and work up.

Quote:I will tell you right now. There is no great man command to tell you everything you need to know. It is best to start small with "What do i want to do." and go form there. That i think is the best way for all noobs to start, that is how i started, and i am slightly less noob today. 

I will how ever give you a grand resource asside fomr this site. www.rpmseek.com. Bookmark it, great tool, especialy when you get dependancy problems.

Asside form that, try to find the answers yourself first before posting... really helps the learning process, but it is just a suggestion. Good luck and welcome to the many, the growing and the proud, Linux Users :-P

-Path

all good advice path, man and info are only good when you know what your looking for.. how true :)