Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iTunes or eMusic?

Hey, guys! I'm thinking about switching to eMusic and ditching iTunes, and I could use some advice. Here is what's on the scale:

eMusic

Pros: No DRM, flat monthly fee allows me to quickly legitimize my music collection, no special software to use

Cons: Fixed monthly fee makes occasional downloading wasteful, but it's like a "financing program" if you really think about it

iTunes

Pros: A-la-carte pricing makes occasional downloading OK, Steve Jobs called the music industry "greedy" for pushing for an increase in price

Cons: Requires use of special software, DRM (which can be broken)

What do you think?

Quote:Hey, guys! I'm thinking about switching to eMusic and ditching iTunes, and I could use some advice. Here is what's on the scale: 

eMusic

Pros: No DRM, flat monthly fee allows me to quickly legitimize my music collection, no special software to use

Cons: Fixed monthly fee makes occasional downloading wasteful, but it's like a "financing program" if you really think about it

iTunes

Pros: A-la-carte pricing makes occasional downloading OK, Steve Jobs called the music industry "greedy" for pushing for an increase in price

Cons: Requires use of special software, DRM (which can be broken)

What do you think?

i think i would have to go with eMusic at first (4 fast ligitimization and co$t affectivness) and then drop it when uve caught up. then switch to iTunes for the new song or two u like.

good luck,

gus

think id go for eMusic, solely due to DRM..