Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
im the new noob, ElChupey. Im currently trying to get linux on an old 233mhz ibm laptop, and i once i get that done i plan to dual boot my desktop w/ Linux. Thanks, in advance, for all your help with my noobness and keep smiling :).Peace.

welcome to the forums ElChupey !

cheers

anyweb

Quote:im the new noob, ElChupey. Im currently trying to get linux on an old 233mhz ibm laptop, and i once i get that done i plan to dual boot my desktop w/ Linux. Thanks, in advance, for all your help with my noobness and keep smiling :).Peace.

Enjoy your stay! =)

Quote:Im currently trying to get linux on an old 233mhz ibm laptop.

let me suggest ubuntu, its debian based which is normally very good at handling old hardware B)

i should point out.. that if you plan on dual booting, you should install windows first then linux :)

oh .. and WELCOME!

check ....and check....The dual booting is for the desktop (Ubuntu and Xp), which from what i can see worked fine (havent booted into Xp yet) but its killing my resources (xp runs much faster), which means more work. Iive just been using frugal install of DSL on craptop, but i will try Ubuntu with no GUI, seing as it takes 1.5 days just to get to partitioner...literally. Thanks for your help though :)
hi

if ur in the states i can mail you a copy of ubuntu if you like i have a few. ubuntu is deffinitly the easyest for us noob to become aquanted with.

good times,

gus :P