Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using nautilus in fluxbox

Ok, so you want to use nautilus for your file manager in fluxbox. simply install nautilus and add the following command to your fluxbox menu: nautilus --no-desktop... Now you are using nautilus as the file manager, problem is it was made for gnome. There is an easy solution if you see nautilus stop working... Simply killall nautilus ( i've added this also to my flux menu ). Then you can use nautilus --no-desktop and it should work fine....

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-204-1138918759.png" data-fileid="471">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-204-1138918759.png[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.png   screenshot.png (Size: 460.46 KB / Downloads: 0)

haven't i seen that conky theme somewhere :)

ace

Of course you seen that conky its yours hehe :)
hi, i was googling around, and found your post, helped me out to get nautilus running on flux, but i was unable to access the network with it. is there something else i need to install? i installed samba for gnome and it worked just fine, but im guessing it has to do with gnome to flux. thanks for any help guys/gals.

Quote:Ok, so you want to use nautilus for your file manager in fluxbox. simply install nautilus and add the following command to your fluxbox menu: nautilus --no-desktop... Now you are using nautilus as the file manager, problem is it was made for gnome. There is an easy solution if you see nautilus stop working... Simply killall nautilus ( i've added this also to my flux menu ). Then you can use nautilus --no-desktop and it should work fine....

could you point me to where you did the windowless terminals? is there a how to in the forum? thats pretty cool.