Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bittorrent in fedora core 4
I've been trying to get myself a working bittorrent client on fedora core 4 for about 12 straight hours ive tried emulation with wine but i cant get anything to connect to trackers. I was able to successfully emulate utorrent with wine but its very unstable ive tried installing gnome torrent, azurus, and the original bittorrent nothing they wont even run ive checked the versions against my core and they match up I'm totally lost and i dont wanna go back to windows I've already gone threw the trouble of installing ntfs access for 3 hard drives my kernel version is kernel-module-fglrx-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 on an x86_64. Any help would be great
You could install a Linux client.. rather than emulate? Even the basic BitTorrent scripts can be enough?

Hi,

type the following as root:

yum install bittorrent

Thats it bittorrent is installed. :) if you want GUI for it type:

yum install bittorrent-gui

i must be doing something wrong the client is installed but wont connect to any trackers at least i got one installed one step at a time i suppose

Quote:i must be doing something wrong the client is installed but wont connect to any trackers at least i got one installed one step at a time i suppose

Have you opened and forwarded ports? Normally the range is 50000-60000 but you will need to check with your choosen client.

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="7775" data-ipsquote-username="lordfuzzy" data-cite="lordfuzzy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="2135" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i must be doing something wrong the client is installed but wont connect to any trackers at least i got one installed one step at a time i suppose

Have you opened and forwarded ports? Normally the range is 50000-60000 but you will need to check with your choosen client.

</div></blockquote>

yep foward ports and opened them its not dead torrents eather they flew on my windows system another thing ive noticed is my internet is slower on the linux then windows

got it worken thanks for your help guys

please post how you did so others may learn

cheers

anyweb

what i did was remove my exsiting installed client and used the yum install method changed the port and mapped the one specific port threw waited about ten minutes and it connected

I just found this little client, being a uTorrent fan I think this is great..

Transmission