Carl72

ndiswrapper help

I am running Slackware 10.2 with the 2.4.31 Kernel.

For the past few days I have been trying, with no luck, to install ndiswrapper. I have followed the Wiki Located Here. Everything goes as planed, I assume, untill I have to input "make install." At that point I get:

root@Computer:/home/User/tmp/ndiswrapper-1.11# make install
make -C driver install
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/User/tmp/ndiswrapper-1.11/driver'
cc -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -DMODVERSIONS -include /lib/modules/2.4.31/build/include/linux/modversions.h -DUSB_DRIVER_OWNER -freg-struct-return -DDRIVER_VERSION=\"1.11\" -DLINUX -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -I/lib/modules/2.4.31/build -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -O2 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2	-c -o hal.o hal.c
In file included from hal.c:24:
ntoskernel.h:43:28: net/iw_handler.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [hal.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/User/tmp/ndiswrapper-1.11/driver'
make: *** [install] Error 2
root@Computer:/home/User/tmp/ndiswrapper-1.11#

If you need more info on this topic post your question, but like I said i followed the wiki to a T and thats what I got.

I really do not know what to do here so if anyone is willing to take the time to help an

Welcome :D

Ok.. it looks like you are missing that file net/iw_handler.h is a part of the kernel. My guess is that if you the package that continues the kernel "headers" then you should be ok..

Do this:

uname -a

You will get output like:

Linux tone 2.6.15-gentoo-r1-znx #1 PREEMPT Wed Mar 8 21:35:31 GMT 2006 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2700+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

My kernel version is 2.6.15-gentoo-r1-znx, so look for your version in there.. then:

For instance I found kernel-headers-2.4.31-i386-1.tgz This would work for a kernel version 2.4.31 ..

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.