Poll: is wireless working for you in linux ?
yes, using ndiswrapper (what card)
yes, using native linux drivers (what card)
i dont have any wireless adaptors
no, i can't get wireless to work (explain)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you use wireless in linux ?

do you use wireless in linux ? if so what linux cards and what distro and are you using ndiswrapper ?

at the moment i'm using a pcmcia wireless card (dell truemobile 1150) as it has native linux drivers in every distro i've tried since rh9, i'm currently using fedora core 5 and have not yet got my onboard intel 2200 bg minipci card to work, but i will fix it when i get time

cheers

anyweb

although i myself don't have wireless in house.. i have installed and help work many a card under linux for others.

Yes mine works nativily.

Drivers are in portage (not sure where to find them otehr wise, as i coudln't find them!).

Using beklin 8180-v3 (Realtek chipset).

orinoco > *

I spent ages trying to get my wireless card to work in linux, but was a lot of messing around without access to the net. In the end I just bought another router, got a 3rd party fireware upgrade for my linsys and have the 2 routers connect to each other.

I also live in an old stone house with 2ft thick walls, I find the two routers do a much better job, never loose signal now.

It's not for lack of trying, I was previously using Suse 10.1 and now I'm trying out mandriva, and all that I'll get with NDIS Wrapper in either build is that I don't have the right hardware for my system, and as far as I know, there are no linux drivers for a Dell Wireless 1470 Dual-band laptop card. I'm going ever-so-slowly insane.

using this broadcom driver [/url]http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R115321.EXE and [url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showtopic=2098]ndiswrapper should be just fine for that card

are you sure you are using the right driver ??

cheers

anyweb

I have wifi working fine on my laptop.

I am running SuSE 10.0 with a Netgear WG511v2 PCMCIA wireless card.

ndiswrapper picked up the card just fine.