Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suse 10.1 webcam driver difficulty

Hello. I have a Logitech pro 4000 webcam that I tried to get working in kde under suse 10.1. I managed to get it working for a time, I installed this pwc driver by doing make, then make install.

it looked great, i viewed my camera under kdetv. Then for some reason after a time it stopped working, and i only see a blue image now. I tried reinstalling the driver but i can't get it to work. I think the stock driver might be interfering with the pwc driver i installed.

if this is the case i'm not sure how to remove it, and correct the issue. i'm not even sure if this is the problem. any help would be appreciated. I don't know what to do now. if i type lsmod i see "pwc" listed. when I boot up in the boot screen it shows my webcam as detected logitech pro 4000 on /dev/video0 i believe.

thanks in advance.

well it sound pretty strange that it just stops working.. but a few checks could be to ... make sure the settings are correct in whatever software you are using to view it.. and maybe you can remove the pre-existing driver with yast, or if you see it loaded in the lsmod list, them rmmod it ... i don't use suse.. so i may be wrong.. but just run yast and search for the program/driver

Hey noriko. I did lsmod and saw pdc running. I then did rmmod as well to remove the driver but it re-appeared after rebooting. I'm not sure if it's listed in yast, but I look and didn't see it there, i don't know where this driover is running from on the system. I know it's not a problem with the webcam software, because it was working in both kopete and kdetv, and then it didn't workmin either one.

Quote:well it sound pretty strange that it just stops working.. but a few checks could be to ... make sure the settings are correct in whatever software you are using to view it.. and maybe you can remove the pre-existing driver with yast, or if you see it loaded in the lsmod list, them rmmod it ... i don't use suse.. so i may be wrong.. but just run yast and search for the program/driver