Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSH yesterday, SSH gone the next?
sshd_config is set to port 3389, and the service is running according to ps ux and I am able to make LAN connections to SSH. Yesterday SSH was working through my IP. I have not edited any configs, all I have done is moved the computer and received a new LAN IP from DHCP, I updated my router to have the new LAN act as a virtual server but SSH is no longer working past intranet. I have tried to restart the service but to no avail. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
any firewalls on the linux server running?
None that I know of, the only firewall I'm aware of is the router.
apparently I bring a new meaning to linux-noob, my IP was not refreshed with the IP I was using as a remote connection. SSH is working again, thanks anyways :P
To add to this entry, does SSH have a problem with non standard ports because I changed it to 3389 in sshd_config and it worked fine for 3 days and then did not (this time it was not an IP problem) and I edited it back to the standard 22 and it worked, then tried to change it back to 3389 and again did not work. Each of these times I also updated the router to act as a server. It is just not adding up for me why it works on 22 but get tempermental for 3389 and sort-of works?