Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't get monitor/video card/whatever to work

Well, I just tried installing OpenSUSE 10.1. I have a custom-built PC consisting of the ASUS P5N32 Sli-Delux motherboard, an Intel Centrino D Duo Dual Core Processor (3.0 gHz), an NVIDIA GeForece 7300 GS graphics card, a Digimon HR + 70 - monitor (tried both that and the closest VESA configuration), 1 GB DDR2 SDRRAM (just one Dimm, though, though that shouldn't make a diference in this case) and of course, a copy of X86 Architecture OpenSUSE 10.1. The problem is that when I click on test Video settings during the hardware configuration in YaST (still during installation, haven't logged in yet), it won't work. My monitor just turns off. When I turn it on, all I see is what looks like an out-of-focused/scrambled TV station (only no guessing about images) and the big Unusable Signal thing built into my monitor. This also occurs should I just decide not to test configuration and attemtp to go things the way they are and try to log into Linux via GNome. Is this a monitor issue, or a graphics card issue. I have a copy of the graphics card driver downloaded and on a seperate disk, if that might help, but I'm not familiar with how to go about uninstalling the driver (if my driver is corrupt or something) from my OpenSUSE DVD and reinstalling the one I downloaded. Thanks in advance for any help.

William