Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
winamp in wine in fedora

heres winamp in wine in fedora on my laptop, works just fine, however.... if you look at the top part of winamp you can see the typical 'gnome' type surround on it,

how do i get rid of that, when i installed wine in rh8/9 i didnt have the same problem

any ideas ?

cheers

anyweb

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-5-1072475979.png" data-fileid="20">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-5-1072475979.png[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot_2.png (Size: 220.77 KB / Downloads: 0)
looking good... You really should post a how-to on that. I tried installing Winamp a few months ago with wine, and it didn't like me. ;( Anyway, looks good.

its easy as long as you use an old version of winamp, i have the old version here and installing that works just fine by following my Wine howto here

I did try to install the cool looking winamp 5 today in fedora using wine, and failed, when i tried to run the setup it complained about not finding the plugins and clicking ok bombed it out to the desktop. Maybe someone has succeded in getting winamp 5 to run, if so post how here :)

cheers

anyweb