Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suse question
does suse 64 bit run slow on a non 64 bit machine cuz my friend got it and said it was slow but i think he used a crappy computer and not the one he uses

Quote:does suse 64 bit run slow on a non 64 bit machine cuz my friend got it and said it was slow but i think he used a crappy computer and not the one he uses

From what I understand, it's not possible to run 64-bit (x86-64) software on a 32-bit (x86) computer. However, it is possible the other way round, although you shouldn't notice a significant performance different between running the 32-bit and 64-bit versions on a 64-bit machine.

Does this answer your question?

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="9472" data-ipsquote-username="jooman360" data-cite="jooman360" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="2585" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>does suse 64 bit run slow on a non 64 bit machine cuz my friend got it and said it was slow but i think he used a crappy computer and not the one he uses

From what I understand, it's not possible to run 64-bit (x86-64) software on a 32-bit (x86) computer. However, it is possible the other way round, although you shouldn't notice a significant performance different between running the 32-bit and 64-bit versions on a 64-bit machine.

Does this answer your question?

</div></blockquote>

yes i think so thanks alot