Sign in to follow this  
criticalstealth

background doesnt stay

the command to set the background is usually at the bottom of the style you are loading in the ~/.fluxbox home directory.

Chances are you don't have the program it's using to set the background image

Edit the ~/.fluxbox/init file and alter the line: session.screen0.rootCommand: to be session.screen0.rootCommand: fbsetbg -f /path/to/image.jpg and that should do it!

Check out the Fluxbox Wiki for some great tips.

ok, well i went to the eterm website, and the eterm wont download.. its weird like its starts, but goes very very very slowly, it is only a 2.7 mb file.. but goes EXTREMELY SLOW, then stops and get s corrupt when i attempt top extract it.... my internet is working fine, and anything else is downloading fine, anywhere else i can download eterm? or something else better?

P.S- can anyone tell me how to install firefox 2.0? i downloaded it, but i cnat seem to make it work over my 1.5.. if i go into the firefox files,a nd launch it form there it works.. but i dont no hwo to install it over my 1.5 anyone help?

P.S- can anyone tell me how to install firefox 2.0? i downloaded it, but i cnat seem to make it work over my 1.5.. if i go into the firefox files,a nd launch it form there it works.. but i dont no hwo to install it over my 1.5 anyone help?

I use Gentoo Linux (not suggested for new users as it has a harsh learning curve) but they mirror lots of programs .. including Eterm yay! Although if you are using something like Fedora then you can most probably install using a respository instead of from source:

yum -y install eterm

This will be a similar reason as to why you can't get FF2 to work in place of FF1.5. Try using the repository:

yum -y upgrade firefox

Using source with a RPM based distribution causes issues like this.

hmm, ok so how do i actually install eterm, and plus.. i still dont get how ot install or upgrade my firefox, typing

yum -y upgrade firefox came back with a command not found....

so i need ot know how to install eterm still,a nd upgrade firefox.. thanks for your time!

You first need to become root (the admin of the system) so do:

$ su -
<password here>
#

Then you can type the yum command for installation.