Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
information center on desktop

In advance i'm sorry for the picuter for those using slow connections, also for my grammer (never been friendly with grammer [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_dry.png[/img] ).

Alright so this probably doesn't belong here but I couldn't think of a better place to put it so here it is. I'm currently in school for networking and I want to specialize in security, by happenstance I found Backtrack. Now my question is on there mainpage they have a screenshot of the desktop running some type of information center but when I start the distro it doesn't come up. Whats the name of this program? I can figure out how to use once I know what it is.

[Image: Backtrack-screenshot.PNG]

As usual thanks for the help.

Hi,

I would go with: gkrellm (http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bill...rellm.html) if you open a terminal as root

and type gkrellm and hit enter ot type gkrel and hit tab a few times and it will show you what programs start with gkrel.

I'm impressed with the quite reply.

I'll post again once I get it working.

Thank you

I believe that the screenshot is of something called conky but it might be something called gDesklets.

You can see my tutorial on setting it up (for a different distribution though).

And some more screenshots of it in action are available on the forums

Nice :)

Thanks for the info ;)! I just installed it and tried it out work, works right off the repos, but it's going to need alot of configuring (thats part of the fun).

Also I looked at some of the screenshots you included with your comments and I really like that first wallpaper, can I ask where you go it?

No problem (that's why I'm here!). Stuff always needs configuring with Linux :)

If you mean the screenshot of the girl, that's a character in a game (something like shaya: dark and light) here is a couple of shots check out my

gallery on my site! I have some more shots .. I can upload them if you want :)

To get the gui up in Backtrack to show CPU ram usage et etc, all you have to do is open the terminal, type leetmode then hit enter.

Quote:To get the gui up in Backtrack to show CPU ram usage et etc, all you have to do is open the terminal, type leetmode then hit enter.
Thanks thats gonna make my life easier, still gonna get conky working on my fedora box.