Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am a quitter...

as said before i have recently installed fedora core 6. but i cant the programs running that i want, the stuff i want to do i cannot, and there are several other things i cant. i mean im sure you can but it is the fact that I cant. so im going back to my old windows xp, im very dissapointed in my self, but its easier that way, and im a lazy a$$.

ok so stuck in the windows xp disk to re-install windows... but it never runs installer im not sure as to why. it analyzes my hardware then the screen goes black and does nothing. so i dunno if its linux confusing it or what but how do I uninstall fedora or just remove it from my computer so i can attemp at running xp?

to reinstall XP you'll need to delete all partitions on the hard disc (linux partitions)

try deleting them via windows setup and creating one new partition for XP

we'll still be here when you want to try linux again (and you will)

cheers

anyweb

Quote:as said before i have recently installed fedora core 6. but i cant the programs running that i want, the stuff i want to do i cannot, and there are several other things i cant. i mean im sure you can but it is the fact that I cant. so im going back to my old windows xp, im very dissapointed in my self, but its easier that way, and im a lazy a$$. 

ok so stuck in the windows xp disk to re-install windows... but it never runs installer im not sure as to why. it analyzes my hardware then the screen goes black and does nothing. so i dunno if its linux confusing it or what but how do I uninstall fedora or just remove it from my computer so i can attemp at running xp?

I had this happen where I can't boot from an XP CD once I've installed FC6. Boot from a Win2K CD and enter Repair -> Console mode. Run fixboot and fixmbr. You'll ten be able to boot from the XP CD and reinstall Windows.

Hope this helps

Marc

Quote:as said before i have recently installed fedora core 6. but i cant the programs running that i want, the stuff i want to do i cannot, and there are several other things i cant. i mean im sure you can but it is the fact that I cant. so im going back to my old windows xp, im very dissapointed in my self, but its easier that way, and im a lazy a$$. 

And if you dont have a Windows 2k cd boot off the fedora CD's and delete all partitions make one big fat 32 partition write it and just before the install starts turn off the computer turn it back at the POST(Power On Self Test) screen where it scan's all of your hardware where you have the option of entering bios hit the Pause Break key just above Page Up to literally pause your computer like a video game pretty neet actually... eject the fedora cd and put in the windows xp cd to unpause just hit anykey except the pause one (as it unpauses then repauses exactally one millisecond later) then XP will be able to recognize it and you can either install it onto the fat 32 or format to make NTFS and go...

funny fun fact: the unpause wait a millisecond then pause again quirk hasn't been fixed since the first bios has ever been created. A simple minded person would simply hit pause again as it makes logical sense... The first BIOS was created in 1972 with the first Central Processing Unit with the CPU being 10' wide and 11' tall weighing in at 14 tons with the speed of get this 14 khz... was debunked until 1979 with intel's design and the whole asymbolic system has never been improved upon or changed. It was seen as good enough by Intel and Foxcon Scroll Lock has no function as it was for an old CR/M system in OS2 so you can press up and down on the KB to scroll and SysRq a sub function of prt screen again does nothing as it was system restore for OS/2 in 1991 wich worked better than the one in Windows ME and Windows XP... Even in vista it isnt as advanced as OS/2's proof once again M$ just isnt a viable choice nor is it the oldest... It really fails as a real os really sad actually...

Sad to see you go... :(

Issadle