Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uninstall rpm's

[root@localhost tarballs]# rpm -Uvh alsa*.rpm

warning: alsaplayer-0.99.76-1.fr.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID e42d547b

error: Failed dependencies:

libid3tag is needed by alsaplayer-0.99.76-1.fr

libmad is needed by alsaplayer-0.99.76-1.fr

[root@localhost tarballs]# rpm -Uvh libid*.rpm

warning: libid3tag-0.15.0b-3.fr.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID e42d547b

Preparing... ########################################### [100%]

file /usr/lib/libid3tag.so.0 from install of libid3tag-0.15.0b-3.fr conflicts with file from package mad-0.14.2b-256

[root@localhost tarballs]# rpm -Uvh libmad*.rpm

warning: libmad-0.15.0b-2.fr.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID e42d547b

Preparing... ########################################### [100%]

file /usr/lib/libmad.so.0 from install of libmad-0.15.0b-2.fr conflicts with file from package mad-0.14.2b-256

So is there a way to unistall rpms? cuz i installed the wrong one now its messin me up.

have fun,

tek

rpm -e rpmName (example rpm -e sendmail)

to find the name do like

rpm -qa | grep mail

That will search your RPM DB and find all matches that have mail in it

thanks man, nice stapler btw.

How can I get a list of all programs, utilities, functions, etc. that are installed root?

I believe I have installed wine root, but I am not sure. Winehq says to not install it root, because it runs windoze software. So you can get the same infections sent to the Linux root.

Thanks in advance,

Bakshara the Linux noob!

Quote:How can I get a list of all programs, utilities, functions, etc. that are installed root?

I believe I have installed wine root, but I am not sure. Winehq says to not install it root, because it runs windoze software. So you can get the same infections sent to the Linux root.

Thanks in advance,

Bakshara the Linux noob!

Not sure exactly what you're asking here -- I think it's more important to be concerned with which user wine is running under, not where it is installed. If you're not running wine program.exe while logged in directly as root or using su -, then you are only giving wine and the program running under it your privileges, not root's and this is more secure.

On an RPM-based system like Fedora, you can get a list of all the RPM packages installed by running this (as root):

Code:
rpm -qa

There will likely be a lot of entries, so you may want to pipe it to less so you can scroll down through the list at your own pace with spacebar:

Code:
rpm -qa | less

(then press q when you want to exit less).

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="13443" data-ipsquote-username="Bakshara" data-cite="Bakshara" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1247275865" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="294" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>
How can I get a list of all programs, utilities, functions, etc. that are installed root?

Thanks in advance,

Bakshara the Linux noob!

Not sure exactly what you

</div></blockquote>

Quote:Basically I would like to find out if wine was installed root. I, Bakshara, am the only user. If it is installed root, then I should uninstall it. Once I do that; How do I install wine not into the root.

I don

When I am in the terminal at:

Code:
Bakshara@Bakshara

before I get to

Code:
root@Bakshara

Can I install?

you SHOULD only install rpm's as root

does that answer your question ?

The file name is "wine-1.1.24.tar.bz2" and under it I do not see any rpm files at all.

Bakshara the Linux noob!