Sign in to follow this  
abhishek77

no audio on mandriva 2007

I have installed mandriva 2007 just to see what it is like compared to fedora core. however everything works fine except i am getting no sound.

below is the sound card information that is displayed on the mandriva linux control centre. how do i get sound?

Identification

Vendor: ‎Intel Corporation

Description: ‎82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller

Media class: ‎Audio device

Connection

Bus: ‎PCI

Bus PCI #: ‎0

PCI device #: ‎27

PCI function #: ‎0

Vendor ID: ‎0x8086

Device ID: ‎0x27d8

Sub vendor ID: ‎0x1043

Sub device ID: ‎0x817f

Driver

Module: ‎snd-hda-intel

are you sure there is no sound ? try opening alsamixer and scroll left and right and press 'm' , this will mute/unmute a channel., if one of them is muted it might explain the no-sound situation.

cheers

anyweb

I have installed mandriva 2007 just to see what it is like compared to fedora core. however everything works fine except i am getting no sound.

below is the sound card information that is displayed on the mandriva linux control centre. how do i get sound?

Identification

Vendor: ‎Intel Corporation

Description: ‎82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller

Media class: ‎Audio device

Connection

Bus: ‎PCI

Bus PCI #: ‎0

PCI device #: ‎27

PCI function #: ‎0

Vendor ID: ‎0x8086

Device ID: ‎0x27d8

Sub vendor ID: ‎0x1043

Sub device ID: ‎0x817f

Driver

Module: ‎snd-hda-intel

Try playing an mp3 or something. I'm running Fedora Core 6 and Fedora 7 on a laptop. I thought that there was no sound, but mp3's look to be playing properly. I just can't hear them. I think it's a sound VOLUME problem actually. Got the same 82801G card here.

none of the channels seem to be muted. i am still struugling to get sound. i am using vlc player.

when i open volume control and go to edit-preferences, it brings up a new window called volume control preferences. Here it says select tracks to be visible some of which are headphone, pcm, front, surround etc. I have selected each one as suggested and then click on the close button. I then click the switches tab in the volume control: HAD intel(alsa mixer) and check and uncheck the options some of which are cd capture, line in capture etc. But i still do not get any sound. The strange thing is that while starting up mandriva, i do get the start up loading sound.

i am using on board sound. i am getting the feeling now that there is something buggy. I did get sound to work a while back but on adjusting volume controls in alsamixer, the sound does not seem to work after this.

anyone know why?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this