Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSL not installed?

Version: SLED 10 SP 1

I just recently downloaded Pidgin 2.0.2 and got that all installed correctly (at least I think it's installed correctly). However, when I try to add my MSN, GTalk, and Novell Messenger account, I get errors saying that it can't connect because SSL support was not installed. I went into YaST -> Software Management and did a search for SSL and a bunch of SSL modules are installed. Anybody know why I'm getting this error? Am I missing a SSL module or something?

Thanks in advance!!

Nuri

Hi,

I don't have SELD SP1 available to have a look but in the software manager did you search for Pidgin ? I think in the control center on SELD you select install

software then just search for the software you want, it will fix all the dependencies for you.

Quote:Hi, 

I don't have SELD SP1 available to have a look but in the software manager did you search for Pidgin ? I think in the control center on SELD you select install

software then just search for the software you want, it will fix all the dependencies for you.

I did a search for Pidgin and nothing came up. If I understand it correctly, Pidgin used to be GAIM. Anyways, the problem turns out that you need to have gnutls-devel installed before you compile the software. That fixed my problem. :)

Quote:I did a search for Pidgin and nothing came up. If I understand it correctly, Pidgin used to be GAIM. Anyways, the problem turns out that you need to have gnutls-devel installed before you compile the software. That fixed my problem. :)

I installed the gnutls-devel and recompiled but it still gave me the same message about the SSL support. Am I meant to reintall pidgin? If so, how do I unistall pidgin before reinstalling it?

Thanks

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="11082" data-ipsquote-username="hcyuan" data-cite="hcyuan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="3130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I did a search for Pidgin and nothing came up. If I understand it correctly, Pidgin used to be GAIM. Anyways, the problem turns out that you need to have gnutls-devel installed before you compile the software. That fixed my problem. :)

I installed the gnutls-devel and recompiled but it still gave me the same message about the SSL support. Am I meant to reintall pidgin? If so, how do I unistall pidgin before reinstalling it?

Thanks

</div></blockquote>

If I remember correctly, you should be able to find the Pidgin software through YaST and remove it that way.

Quote:If I remember correctly, you should be able to find the Pidgin software through YaST and remove it that way.

I tried using the YaST before but I couldnt get the Pidgin on YaST. So what other ways are possible.

Thanks

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="12009" data-ipsquote-username="hcyuan" data-cite="hcyuan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="3130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I remember correctly, you should be able to find the Pidgin software through YaST and remove it that way.

I tried using the YaST before but I couldnt get the Pidgin on YaST. So what other ways are possible.

Thanks

</div></blockquote>

How did you go about installing? RPM?

Quote:How did you go about installing? RPM?

I installed the Pidgin from source ie compiled first before installing. Can you help me fix it?