Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PhpMyAdmin not working

I have apache, mysql, and php working. Ive extracted the phpmyadmin directory from a tar file into the webservers document root directory. I can access test files within this directory with my browser so I know apache is setup fine. However when I point it to the phpmyadmin directory, nothing happens, the browser says done, and nothing is loaded. Also tried pointing it to the index.php, but again nothing.

had set user and pw in the config.inc.php, etc. I beleive the config.inc.php was setup fine, as i looked through several online installation tutorials and I did what they said. Since then I've tried all sorts of things and no longer have the config how I once had it.

Can anyone help? Why would the browser come up with NOTHING when pointed to the phpmyadmin directory? (It was makign it into the directory cuz i could open a test.txt within the directory)

Depending on your server setup, it might be that you are set such that if an error happens it isn't printed to the screen.

I suggest you check your Apache server logs straight after browsing to /phpmyadmin to see if they help:

Assuming everything's in the default place, running

Code:
tail /var/log/httpd/error_log

straight after browsing to PHPMyAdmin might reveal something at the end of the output. If there's nothing, or nothing pertaining to PHPMyAdmin, I guess we'll have to dig a little deeper.

Let us know how you get on with that. HTH. :)