Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External Storage in SuSE 10.3

I'm having a problem with my external hard drive and SuSE 10.3 . It's a 320 gig hdd in an enclosure running to my USB so I can run it from one laptop to another without any major issues. It's formatted to NTFS and SuSE will read it just fine. It just won't write a dang thing to it.

The way I see it, there are a few possible solutions:

Solution 1: Format to FAT32. This would be very effective at solving my problem, but it would erase all my data and split my drive into a bunch of tiny little partitions. I don't want to format my drive because I don't want to lose anything.

Solution 2: Make SuSE Write to NTFS. I would love to make THIS solution work, however, since I know so little about how filesystems work, I don't want to screw anything up. Anybody have any ideas on how to make SuSE write to an NTFS disk?

Solution 3: Make a new, Linux-only partition on my drive. Again, this would probably work wonders and solve world peace, but it wouldn't let me run data to and from my computers which each have Windows AND Linux running.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Hello,

You can download the NTFS driver that allows you to write the the NTFS file system.

Code:
http://www.linux-ntfs.org/doku.php