Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install widgets?

Hello everyone!

I'm also new to Linux and I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 (with all the automatic updates). So far I'm very happy with it and everything works fine. I'm not into all the details and don't know how to write all the codes (I'm thankful for the graphic interface). On my quest to personalize the computer I checked out the screenshot section here.

I think it was Anyweb who posted the pictures. Thank you for that! There's a weather application in the right corner and I was wondering what kind of application that is and where I can find it. Is it difficult to install? Also, what's the application with the X-shaped icon? What other widgets or application can you guys recommend?

I hope I posted this in the right section. If not then I'm sorry and ask the Admins to move this post to the correct place or delete it. Thanks for your help and suggestions! Cheers,

Nightfish

hi and welcome

first you have to enable compiz

then you need to install gdesklets and the avant dock

finally you need to load the goodweather applet in gdesklets and you should be good to go

please note my instructions for the above are for ubuntu 7.04 and NOT ubuntu 7.10 however the theory should be the same

cheers

anyweb

Any reason why my post was deleted? o_O

sorry, but i completely reinstalled the server yesterday and there may have been one or more posts lost during that process

please repost it