wyrdR

Screens and Graphics Preferences - Mythbuntu 7.10 (Ubuntu)

Since switching to Linux, I've got a million and one problems, most of them stemming from my complete noobiness in Linux. I smugly thought I was a bit of a geek since I know Windows fairly well. But none of my Windows-smarts seem to make a difference with Linux.

1) How do I get HDMI to work at 1360 x 768?

I have a HD LCD tv plugged into my ATI Radeon X1250 (in-built) graphics card via HDMI.

When going through the ATI drives in the Screens and Graphics Preferences I can't get of those to work. I even downloaded and (eventually) ran ati-driver-installer-8-02-x86.x86_64.run but I don't see what it did (a slightly more experienced Linux noob suggested I do this). It didn't seem to help (I probably goofed up somewhere).

I can only get it to work with VESA drive (Generic) and I'm stuck with 1024 x 768, though 1360 x 768 is supported by my LCD TV and preferable since the image would not be stretched horizontally.

I'm running Mythbuntu 7.10 (Ubuntu that boots into MythTV).

2) How do I detect and configure Dual Screens?

I also have a monitor plugged in via D-SUB that supports upto 1280 x 1024. But Screens and Graphics Preferences only seems to detect one (no idea which). I do dual screen in Windows all the time, but Ubuntu has me stumped.

3) What driver should I actually be using?