Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32bit apps in FC8 x86_64

I've just come back to linux and installed FC8. I used to use RH9 (yea its been a while). I went to compile some old code of mine and this is what I get:

make ../bin/circle

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jay/Desktop/circ/circle-3.1/src'

gcc -o ../bin/circle arena.o asciimap.o act.comm.o act.informative.o act.item.o act.movement.o act.offensive.o act.other.o act.social.o act.wizard.o alias.o ban.o boards.o clan.o clanedit.o class.o comm.o color.o config.o constants.o db.o fight.o graph.o handler.o house.o interpreter.o limits.o magic.o mail.o mobact.o modify.o objsave.o olc.o random.o shop.o spec_assign.o spec_procs.o spell_parser.o spells.o utils.o weather.o warzone.o bsd-snprintf.o cedit.o genmob.o genobj.o genolc.o genshp.o genwld.o genzon.o improved-edit.o medit.o oasis.o oasis_copy.o oasis_delete.o oasis_list.o oedit.o redit.o sedit.o tedit.o zedit.o aedit.o range.o diskio.o quest.o -lcrypt

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `arena.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `asciimap.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `act.informative.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `act.item.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `act.movement.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `act.offensive.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `act.other.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `act.social.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `act.wizard.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `alias.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `ban.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `diskio.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `quest.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[1]: *** [../bin/circle] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jay/Desktop/circ/circle-3.1/src'

make: *** [all] Error 2

For some reason the i386 version of FC8 would not install. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx.

Adding -m32 to your CFLAGS and/or LDFLAGS should force building 32-bit applications. This assumes your setup is prepared for 32-bit applications already of course .. but try:

Code:
$ export CFLAGS='-m32'
$ export LDFLAGS='-m32'
$ ./configure ... etc .. etc ..